To be precise, the block is the one bounded by 13th and 15th Avenues Northeast and Madison and Monroe Streets Northeast.
“This block, avers the Guinness Book of World Records, is the only one in the world that’s home to four churches. The largest of the sacred foursome is Emanuel Lutheran, a two-towered Gothic Revival church overlooking Logan Park. It was built in 1899 for a congregation of mostly Swedish immigrants. Elim Baptist next door was constructed at about the same time, but has the broad proportions of the Romanesque Revival style. The other two churches [instert mine: Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church and St. Peter’s Lutheran), at the north end of the block, were originally built for what appear to have been dueling Norwegian Lutheran congregations. Strong Tower Parish is the only one of the four that doesn’t occupy a corner lot.” – An excerpt from Larry Millett’s AIA Guide to the Twin Cities: The Essential Source on the Architecture of Minneapolis and St. Paul.