• 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
• 1 2/3 cups bread flour
• 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons fine grain sea salt
• 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
• 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• 2 egg yolks
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 3 cups chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift all dry ingredients together.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until incorporated.
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Don’t over mix. Add chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in the fridge overnight, or up to 3 days.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F. To get the cookies just the right size, use a standard cookie scooper – then divide that amount in half. Place cookie dough balls evenly onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until almost done. You want to underbake these cookies slightly so they turn out soft and gooey.