Price increases, demand and an improving national economic scene paint a brighter housing landscape, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association, total week-over-week mortgage application volume rose 5.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis. The trends for the drivers of new housing starts are as important as the trends within residential real estate. Where you find money and jobs, you find a fruitful housing market.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending May 3:
• New Listings increased 1.4% to 1,856
• Pending Sales decreased 13.4% to 1,203
• Inventory increased 2.6% to 14,688
For the month of April:
• Median Sales Price increased 7.6% to $196,425
• Days on Market decreased 8.2% to 89%
• Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.2% to 95.8%
• Months Supply of Inventory remained flat at 3.