Remember the 6 reasons to buy a home?
- Mortgage rates are CRAZY low
- Protection against inflation
- Home prices won’t be this low forever
- Save a lot on next year’s taxes
- You won’t have to think about mortgage rates again for a long, long time
- A stronger sense of community
Today we’re talking about #3 and #4…
Home prices won’t be this low forever
Prices have been sitting pretty low for a while now, but this isn’t going to last: home prices are officially on the rise. 2013 could be your final chance to snag a cut-rate price before it becomes ancient history.
Save a lot on next year’s taxes
As a homeowner, you’ll be able to deduct everything from real estate taxes, to private mortgage insurance, to loan points paid on a purchase. In other words, homeownership and tax savings go together like pumpkin pie and Cool Whip. Yummy!
Christine Bilger on DECEMBER 31, 2012